In line with many other international conferences, the 3DMC event organizing team has decided to make this year’s conference, planned for Bilbao, Spain 9 – 11 November, a virtual event. This is due to continuing disruption caused by the COVID 19 pandemic. Whilst it appears that the virus is coming under control in some regions, many national and company travel restrictions remain in place.
Not all live events are being cancelled but travel restrictions, particularly for international events like the 3DMC, greatly increase the risk that delegate and exhibitor numbers will be significantly reduced. For a successful, live 3DMC the organizers need the event to be open to the entire 3DM community.
The move online will still deliver a great conference with attendance for delegates free by registering on the event web site where details of the full event programme, which is already well developed, will be published shortly.
Bilbao will remain the destination of choice for next year’s event.
3DMC organizers are particularly grateful to this year’s upcoming presenters and those exhibitors who have already given their support and will work closely with all our potential exhibitors to ensure a diverse online exhibition in 2021 and the largest-ever live exhibition in 2022.
Online 3DMC conference papers scheduled for presentation include:
– Robot calibration performance analysis and optimization
– Microscopic 3D techniques for industrial inspection
– Innovative aeronautical assembly tooling development supported by integrated smart devices
– Optical metrology for digital manufacturing
– Latitude Code Scanning Deflectometry
– A novel approach to automated planning of measurement tasks using graph-based algorithms
– Robotic 3D measurement system for large volume part investigation
– An evaluation of measuring performance in portable photogrammetry for large volume metrology
– The challenges of 3D metrology in structural engineering
3DMC is a non-profit event run by experts whose employers support the time they invest to make it a success. A delegate pass gives access to first-class talks and posters, exhibition and excellent networking opportunities.